The National Center for High-performance Computing (NCHC) is the only national laboratory that provides integrated high-performance computing (HPC), networking, and storage services in Taiwan.
From its inception in 1991, the NCHC has played a leading role in Taiwan's HPC, networking, and platform
integration. NCHC continues improving the infrastructure, information security, and technology of cloud
computing to provide a secure, efficient, and uninterrupted service platform and a cloud data center with
multiple data backup facility. based on its current foundations in HPC, cloud computing, and networking,
NCHC contributes to improve the academic environment, foster domestic cloud industry, and promote
scientific discoveries as well as technology innovation.
- To provide research environments and professional services in HPC and network applications
- To implement R&D of HPC, network applications and platform integrations
- To enable technology exchange and achievement of HPC and network applications
- High-performance Computers
- Advanced research and education network, TWAREN
- National level off-site storage, replication, and archive facilities
- Large-scale engineering and scientific software and databases
- High-performance Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Big Data Computing
- Network and Information Security
| Achievements |
- Provided computational power up to 200TFlops to meet the needs of more than 710 research projects in areas of high-performance computing, science and engineering researches in Taiwan.
- Organized new-generation network systems with 100G backbone connected with 13 GigaPOP nodes, and maintained high-quality TaiWan Advanced Research and Education Network (TWAREN) to provide services for various applications and researches.
- Established Taiwan's first Total Information Platform to effectively resist malware threats
on education and research networks.
- Built Taiwan's cluster computing systems, the Formosa series, and related service environments to serve cloud-computing environments for 3D Drosophila brain neural images, 3D geographic information systems of Taiwan, and the render farm.
- Developed various middleware for cloud computing environments using the high-performance computing technology to advance Taiwan's cloud computing software technology.