To protect personal privacy rights and information security, the world wide web of “National Applied Research Laboratories and its affiliated organizations” (hereinafter referred to as “NARLabs”) has below privacy protection and website security policy to explain the acquisition, utilization and protection of your personal information based on the spirit of “Personal Information Protection Act.”
1. Scope of Application
The following privacy protection and website security policy is applicable to personal information collection, processing and protection on the website of NARLabs and its affiliated organizations, but it does not apply to links to other websites. When you click the links to other websites, privacy protection and website security policies of that websites are applicable.
2. Collection, Utilization and Protection of Personal Information
- When you use the services on the NARLabs Website (hereinafter referred to as “the Website”), your email, name and other information provided to us will only be used when we offer related services to you.
- When you browse, search information or conduct other activities on the Website, the web server would store related records, including information such as your IP address, using period and browsing history. NARLabs analyzes the total behaviors of all users only. Individual user behavior will not be analyzed.
- NARLabs is obliged to protect your privacy and will not sell, exchange or rent any of your personal information to other groups or individuals except the following situations:
a) Conduct legal investigations in conjunction with judicial bodies.
b) Work jointly with related authorities to carry out investigations.
Cookies are technologies of servers communicating with client side through browsers. It stores information on the hard disks of Internet users for future identification to provide various individualized services or serve as references for website improvement. NARLabs will not disclose acquired information from cookies to any third parties. You may choose whether to enable cookies or not, and the level of acceptance of cookies. But if you turn off all cookies, you may not use part of individualized services or participate in activities of certain websites.
4. Amendment, Undertaking and Risk Taking of Personal Information
The Website provides convenient and quick-to-use user interface, enabling you to update information, amend out-of-date or wrong personal information, add or cease online services at any time. After becoming a registered member, users may use their accounts and passwords to amend personal information and protect their privacy. Having doubts about password leak, users shall immediately change password or notify NARLabs service personnel for help. Otherwise, users shall take full responsibility for the consequences. Besides the personal information you provide while registering the Website, personal information you provide in other promotional or public relation activities is beyond the scope of amendment.
5. Links to other Websites
The privacy protection policy of NARLabs only applies to the websites of NARLabs and its affiliated organizations. The Website may contain hyperlinks of other websites for whom Internet users may link to. Whether these websites have privacy protection and website security policies or not, or what contents they contain, none of the privacy protection policies of NARLabs is applicable to these websites.
6. E-newsletters and E-mail
After obtaining your permission, the website will send out e-newsletters which include part of business messages. Besides noting that the email is sent by the Website, we also provide you with ways of unsubscribing the information or emails.
7. Website Security Measures and Regulations
Any unauthorized attempts to upload or change the various services and related information provided by NARLabs are strictly prohibited and may violate the law. For the purpose of website security and to ensure that these services can be continually provided to all Internet users, the Website provides the following security measures:
(1) Use a network intrusion detection system to monitor network traffic to verify unauthorized attempts of uploading or changing webpage information or willful destruction.
(2) Install firewall to prevent any unauthorized intrusion, destruction or theft of the information in order to protect the Website from any illegal access and protect users’ rights.
(3) Install anti-virus software and implement regular virus scanning to provide users with a more secure web browsing environment.
(4) Regularly scan and provide proper security defense measures.
(5) Carry out data backup every day and copy all information to the backup host.
(6) Automatically receive all security notices emailed from the relevant operating system suppliers or application suppliers and install the appropriate patching application (PATCH) as recommended by e-mail.
Internet data transmission cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, the Website will strive to protect the security of the Website’s information and your personal information. In some cases, the standard SSL security systems are used to protect the security of data transfer. However, as the data transmission process involves the security situation of your online environment, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted or received. You should be aware of and bear the risk of data transmission on the Internet. Please understand that the consequences of this part are beyond the control of the NARLabs Website.
8. Privacy Protection and Security Policy’s Amendments
Due to the rapid development of science and technology, incomplete relevant laws and regulations, and unpredictable environmental changes in the future, the Website will revise the description of privacy protection and security policy provided on the Website if necessary to implement the idea of ensuring network security. After completing the modification to the Website’s privacy protection and security policy, we will immediately publish it on the Website and highlight it to remind you to click to read.
If you have any questions or suggestions about the above provisions, please email to email@example.com.